21 January 2015

To Buy Or Not To Buy - That Is The Question!



smartphone
After writing a poem about my ancient smartphone that is now on a ventilator; my family felt the urge to convince me into buying a new one. So, I grabbed my nerd glasses and turned into an analyst!

Research, thesis, statistics and opinions (though mostly volatile) were what my "treasure hunt" was all about! Like any other buyer I fixed my budget and began a survey, one that reached no conclusion!

Google is useful, but there are times when I’m NOT 'feeling lucky'! And in this case, it was certainly one of those. Every prospective phone I liked had pros, perfectly balanced with cons, which only made matters more confounding. I spent hours on YouTube watching endless tech reviews, I even asked every Tom, Dick and Harry for their opinions; but always ended up being clueless!

The search for a “smartphone” has to be equally smart, right? So I thought of choosing my priority.  When push came to shove, a good camera and longevity took precedence. But somehow, I seemed to  find some drawback in every phone. If one review praised it, another one razed it! Talk about dilemma!

“Variety is the spice of life” but it’s also a woman’s worst enemy!

My predicament is similar to what most girls go through every morning. A brimming wardrobe but the dejection of having nothing to wear! It's just like walking into an ice cream parlor and being spoilt for choice.

I was so not ready to compromise on any feature, and that’s when a friend amused me with his brainwave! He said, “What Shruti really needs, is a DSLR that can make calls!” Trust me; this is now number one on my wish list.

So now, I’ve understood a hard-hitting reality of life: there are phones, there are DSLRs, and there are power banks. Anything that combines all three would require me to sell my kidneys to cover the expense!

Ultimately, I’ve taken a call. One that’s involved a lot of thinking- I HAVE to buy a phone!

So, any suggestions?
(Oh God, did I really just say that?!)

LOL
Keep chattering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment